eReveal Terms of Service (Revised 27 January 2016)
This Agreement is an electronic contract that you must accept in order to use the Service. It contains the legally binding terms for use of the Service.
b. By accessing or using the Service, you accept this Agreement and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein and consent to have this Agreement and all notices provided to you in electronic form. To withdraw this consent, you must cease using the Service and terminate your account. Please print a copy of this Agreement for your records. To receive a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please contact us at help@eReveal.com. This Agreement may be modified by the Company from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by the Company in the Service.
2. Eligibility. No part of eReveal is directed to persons under the age of 18. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use the Service. Any use of the Service is void where prohibited. By accessing and using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you create an account, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. Using the Service may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. If you use the Service from outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Service.
4. Term and Termination. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or have a eReveal account. You may disable your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in the Service. The Company may terminate or suspend your account at any time without notice if the Company believes that you have breached this Agreement, or for any other reason, with or without cause, in its sole discretion. Upon such termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused fees for in app purchases. The Company is not required to disclose, and may be prohibited by law from disclosing, the reason for the termination or suspension of your account. After your account is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement survive such termination, and continue in full force and effect, except for any terms that by their nature expire or are fully satisfied.
5. Non-commercial Use by Users. The Service is for personal use only. Users may not use the Service or any content contained in the Service (including, but not limited to, content of other users, designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, software, audio files and computer code) in connection with any commercial endeavors, such as (i) advertising or soliciting any user to buy or sell any products or services not offered by the Company or (ii) soliciting others to attend parties or other social functions, or networking, for commercial purposes. Users of the Service may not use any information obtained from the Service to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not use the Service or the Service for any purpose except with eReveal’s express consent (such as for promoted profiles or other advertisements), which eReveal may provide or deny in its sole discretion. The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service.
6. Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password you designate during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security at help@eReveal.com and ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session.
7. Your Interactions with Other Users.
a You are solely responsible for the way you interact wit other eReveal users. The Company does not conduct criminal background checks. The Company makes no representations about the behavior of its users. The Company reserves the right to conduct criminal background searches or other screenings at any time using publicly available records.
b The Company is not responsible for the conduct of any user. In no event shall the Company, its affiliates or its partners be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service including, without limitation, death, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other users or persons you meet through the Service. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person, or if you decide to send money to another user. In addition, you agree to review and follow the Company’s Safety Tips, located in the Service, prior to using the Service. You understand that the Company makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other users.
8. Proprietary Rights. The Company owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Service, and in all content, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual property rights related thereto. You agree to not copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible through the Service, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Company or, if such property is not owned by the Company, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
9. Content Posted by You in the Service.
a. We cannot stress this too strongly: you are solely responsible for the content and information that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other users, including text messages, chat, photographs, or profile text, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, “Content”). You may not post as part of the Service, or transmit to the Company or any other user (either on or off the Service), any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You represent and warrant that (i) all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook account, is accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or false and (ii) you have the right to post the Content on the Service and grant the licenses set forth below.
b. You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. The Company may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service or the Company.
c. By posting Content as part of the Service, you automatically grant to the Company, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide right and license to (i) use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify and distribute the Content, (ii) prepare derivative works of the Content or incorporate the Content into other works, and (iii) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any media now known or hereafter created. You represent and warrant that any posting and use of your Content by the Company will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
d. In addition to the types of Content described in Section 9(a) above, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited in the Service. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
advocates harassment or intimidation of another person;
requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the Service;
involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses;
contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission; and
publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to investigate and take any legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating or suspending the account of such violators.
e. Your use of the Service, including all Content you post through the Service, must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that the Company may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service or allow you to use the Service in the future; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
f. You agree that any Content you place on the Service may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Service.
10. Prohibited Activities. The Company reserves the right to investigate, suspend and/or terminate your account if you have misused the Service or behaved in a way the Company regards as inappropriate or unlawful.
The Company, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to filter objectionable material and block abusive users. Further, the Service provides a mechanism for users to flag offensive content which could, once brought to our attention, lead to a blocking of a user from the Service.
The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Service. You will not:
impersonate another person
solicit money from other users
post any Content that is prohibited
harass or stalk a person
use the Service in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act
access the Service in a jurisdiction in which it is illegal or unauthorized
use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents
collect usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service
interfere with or disrupt the Service or the servers or networks connected to the Service
email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
11. Customer Service. The Company provides assistance through email. In any exchanges with the people employed by the Service you agree to not be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or to not otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
12. In App Purchases. From time to time, eReveal may offer additional products and services for purchase through the App Store ℠, Google Play or other application platforms (“in app purchases”). If you choose to make an in app purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account. In app purchases may include a free trial period. At the end of the free trial period, you will be charged the price of the subscription and will continue to be charged until you cancel your subscription. To avoid any charges, you must cancel before the end of the trial period. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through an in app purchase, your account will be billed continuously for the subscription until you cancel in accordance with the platform terms. In call cases, please refer to the terms of your application platform which apply to your in app purchases.
13. Modifications to Service. The Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. To protect the integrity of the Service, the Company reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing the Service.
14. Copyright Policy; Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
You acknowledge and agree that neither the Company nor its affiliates and third party partners are responsible for and shall not have any liability, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, as a result of or alleged to be the result of (i) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted in the Service, whether caused by users or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service; (ii) the timeliness, deletion or removal, incorrect delivery or failure to store any Content, communications or personalization settings; (iii) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user; (iv) any error, omission or defect in, interruption, deletion, alteration, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to, any user or user communications; or (v) any problems, failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users or to any other person’s computer or device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Internet and/or in connection with the Service.
b. The Company provides the services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We grant no warranties, whether express or implied, with respect to the Service. The Company does not guarantee that the service will not have outages, will be error free, secure or free from defects. We do not guarantee that any flaws in the Service will be corrected.
c. When you download any material from the Service, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for and, therefore, waive any and all claims and causes of action with respect to any damage to your device, computer system, etc. If you don’t accept this limitation of liability, you are not permitted to download or obtain any material through this Service.
d. From time to time, the Company may make third party opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other third party information or content available through the Service. All third party content is the responsibility of the respective authors thereof and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such third party authors are solely responsible for such content.
e. In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted in the Service is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice.
16. Limitation on Liability. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, in no event shall the Company, its Affiliates, Business Partners, Licensors or Service Provides be liable to you, or any third party, for any indirect or incidental damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, loss of goodwill, damages for loss, corruption or breachers of data or programs. The Company’s liability to you will be limited to the amount paid for use of the Service. Any claim or action arising out of or related to the use of the Service must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
17. Arbitration and Governing Law.
a. The sole means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof) or the Service shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against the Company in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction. But whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against the Company any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
b. By using the Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY.
c. Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against the Company (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Sonoma County, California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
d. This Agreement, and any dispute between you and the Company, shall be governed by the laws of the state of California without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. Indemnity by You. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its and their officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of or failure to comply with this Agreement (including any breach of your representations and warranties contained herein), any postings or Content you post in the Service, and the violation of any law or regulation by you. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in connection therewith.
19. Notice. The Company may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this Agreement, using any reasonable means now known or hereafter developed, including by email, regular mail, SMS, MMS, text message or postings in the Service. Such notices may not be received if you violate this Agreement by accessing the Service in an unauthorized manner. You agree that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed the Service in an authorized manner.
21. Amendment. This Agreement is subject to change by the Company at any time.
eReveal is a service of Sonoma Media Partners, Inc. and is registered in the United States under Trademark number 86867536. Our registered address is:
Sonoma Media Partners, Inc.
122 Calistoga Road, Suite 177
Santa Rosa CA 95409